The Land Course Online
Take the whole course, or just the modules that interest you:
• The Soil
Based on the successful, tried and tested Sustainable Land Use course, this online study opportunity offers you all of the content at an affordable cost and using your own land or local landscape as your outdoor classroom. So you can easily put everything you learn into practice in a way that’s useful and meaningful to you, step by step.
• You’re already working with the land and would like to increase your skills
• You wish to study sustainable land use and find it difficult to attend residential courses, for whatever reason
Will I miss out on the interactive, personal element of a residential course?
During the course there are many opportunities for two-way interaction with your tutor, Patrick Whitefield, and with other course participants via an online forum, email and Skype conferences. So you will have the opportunity to ask questions, share experiences and exchanges useful tips as you make progress.
The course includes:
• a wealth of information in text, images and filmClick here for a sneak preview of one of the many films which are included on the course.
• many practical activities embedded in the course material
• links to a wide range of additional content on the internet
• a range of practical projects which you can undertake, with personal feedback from your tutor
• a forum where course participants can share ideas and experience
• regular Skype conferences with Patrick
• Patrick also participates in the forums and you can ask him questions there
Working With Your Own Land
The practical, outdoor element of the course is provided by specific projects.
• observation projects, in which you find examples of what you’ve learnt from the course in the actual landscape
• design projects, in which you take your learning a step further by working out new ways of working with your land, more efficiently, more productively and more sustainably
• research-type projects in which you explore further information which is particularly relevant to you
The course is in two parts. In the first part there are four modules:
• The Soil
• Organic Horticulture
• Sustainable Forestry
For more information on these modules please click here.
In the second part there’s just one module:
• the Permaculture Design Course
This is the internationally recognised course, certificated by the Permaculture Association of Britain. It builds on the information in the other modules and adds that special element which is unique to permaculture. It contains about three times as much material as any one of the other modules. For more information on the Permaculture Design Course please click here.
The prices for individual modules are:
For any one of the first four modules - £100
For the Permaculture module - £300
There are reduced prices for taking more than one:
For all of the first four modules - £300.
For the whole Land Course Online - £550.
To book, the first step is to create your own account on the Land Use Online. Please click here to go to the account setup page.